Alex French serves as the Managing Shareholder of our firm’s Seattle headquarters and manages the firm’s complex litigation cases.
Alex has litigated hundreds of personal injury cases throughout Washington state, including cases involving wrongful death, maritime injury, nursing home abuse and neglect, construction site injury, insurance bad faith, logging accidents, work place injury, product liability, premises liability, disclosure of medical information, shootings, explosions, airplane crash and injury, sexual abuse, motor vehicle collisions, semi-truck collisions, collisions involving pedestrians and bicyclists, dog bites, injuries caused by farm and domestic animals, traumatic brain injuries, school injuries, injuries due to improper roadway design, and injuries caused by state, city, and municipal entities, including police.
Alex started working in personal injury in 2004. He joined GLP Attorneys as a legal intern in 2006, became an associate attorney in 2008, and a became Shareholder in 2016. In 2022 and 2023, Alex was named a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers. He was named a Rising Star by the same organization in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 — an honor awarded only to the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state.
Alex has helped to shape and change the law in a number of cases he has litigated, including a Washington Court of Appeals insurance bad faith decision, Leahy v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., and a Washington Supreme Court case, Kim, et. al. v. Lakeside Adult Family Home, et. al., which created civil liability for mandatory reporters who fail to report abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
- Repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers, most recently for 2022.
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2015 - 2020.
- Highest rated by Avvo.com (10.0)
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Judicial Externship, Honorable Andrea Darvas, King County Superior Court, Seattle, WA, 2007
- University of Washington, B.A., Communications and Sociology, 2004
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2016
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2014
- Washington State Bar, 2008
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association, Member, 2023 - Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2017 - Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2011- Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member, 2008 – Present
- A New Civil Cause of Action for Mandatory Reporters Who Fail to Report Suspected Neglect and Abuse, Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) Trial News, 2016.
- Punitive Damages in Nursing Home (and other) Cases, WSAJ Trial News, March 2013. Co-authored with James Gooding.