Janelle Carney Boston
Janelle Carney Boston is the Managing Shareholder for the Spokane and Tri-Cities offices of GLP Attorneys.
Janelle Carney Boston is an experienced personal injury attorney and serves as the Managing Shareholder for the Spokane and Tri-Cities offices of GLP Attorneys. Janelle wanted to become a lawyer when she was 9 years old. She has always been passionate about fairness and justice — and helping those who need it. Her decision to become a plaintiff’s personal injury lawyer was solidified when she worked in the insurance industry, where she realized the need for passionate advocates to represent injured people who are unable to advocate for themselves. After this realization, she dedicated her career to helping her clients get justice and compensation for the injuries that change their lives. Janelle truly values the clients who choose her to represent them, their lives, and their stories. Because of this, Janelle has been awarded the Client’s Choice Award, which is her greatest honor.
Janelle serves clients throughout the state of Washington and focuses her legal practice on all aspects of personal injury law, including wrongful death claims, fire claims, premises liability, products liability, nursing home abuse and neglect, motor vehicle collisions, and insurance bad faith claims.
She is passionate about insurance bad faith law and is committed to doing everything she can to make insurance companies do right by the people they insure – and that they are held accountable when they don’t. She consistently presents on the topic of insurance law all across Washington state, including serving as the moderator for the Insurance Law Seminar on the Insurance Fair Conduct Act and presenting on bad faith in both underinsured motorist claims and personal injury protection claims. She also has litigated fire claims that resulted in insurance denials.
Janelle was born and raised in Spokane, Washington and remains actively involved in the community. She is the co-founder of Lady Boss, a professional group dedicated to the advancement and support of women in the Spokane/Coeur d’Alene area. Janelle graduated law school with Pro Bono Distinction and continues to spend her time volunteering in the community, placing a special focus on serving the homeless population and helping victims of domestic violence.
In addition to being a passionate advocate for her injured clients, Janelle prides herself on being a thoughtful leader in her role as Managing Shareholder of GLP Attorneys in Eastern Washington. Under her stewardship, GLP Attorneys’ Spokane office received the honor of winning the Spokane Journal of Business’s 2022 Best Place to Work award for the Inland Northwest region. Janelle’s genuine care for her clients and employees alike is the cornerstone of her success as an attorney and as a leader.
- Ranked a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2013 – 2022
- Top Women Attorneys, 2013 - Present
- Spokane/Coeur d'Alene Top Lawyers, 2014 - Present
- Highest rating by Avvo.com - 10.0
- Top 100 National Trial Attorneys
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 100 Registry, for Lawyers, 2020
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award, 2021
- Arizona State University, J.D., 2007
- University of Washington, B.A, 2005
- Arizona State Bar, 2008
- Washington State Bar, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2014
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2011 – Present
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Spokane County Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Chair, 2021
- Washington State Association of Justice – Insurance Law Section, Chair, 2019
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member, 2014
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - 2010
- Pro Bono Lawyer for a Domestic Violence Shelter, 2008 – 2010
- Arizona State University Mock Trial Group, Attorney Volunteer, 2009
- Chair, Insurance Law Seminar, Washington State Association for Justice, 2019
- Presenter, CLE on Traumatic Brain Injuries: How to prove a TBI, 2018
- Presenter, Insurance Law Seminar - UIM Bad Faith: How to Defeat the Top Ten Defense Arguments, Washington State Association for Justice, 2018
- NBI, Demand Letters That Get Results, 2017
- Presenter, Insurance Law Seminar - Personal Injury Protection, Washington State Association for Justice, 2015
- Spokane Coeur d’Alene Living Magazine, Top Attorney of 2014, p. 56
- Inland Business Catalyst, Top 20 Under 40 Issue, p. 37
- Moderator, Insurance Law Seminar, Washington State Association for Justice, 2014