1854 S. Burlington Blvd,
Burlington, WA 98233
Matthew is an Associate Attorney based out of the firm’s Burlington office.
Matthew is a Pacific Northwest native, born and raised in Anacortes, Washington. Matt grew up working in the commercial fishing industry in Puget Sound, Southeast Alaska, and the coasts of Washington and Oregon. Matthew graduated from Anacortes High School, after which he attended Eastern Washington University, graduating cum laude with a degree in Political Science.
Matthew received his Juris Doctorate from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University in 2020. While attending law school, Matthew was a member of the Indian Legal Program, and participated in the Indian Legal Clinic as a student attorney representing tribal clients state, federal and tribal courts, in areas of law such as estate and probate, criminal defense, and prosecution. As a result of his coursework and clinical service, Matthew received a certificate in Federal Indian Law. During his final year, Matthew interned at the Maricopa County Public Defender’s office, spending his time there in the felony division.
After graduating in 2020, Matthew worked at the Skagit County Prosecutor’s Office as a Deputy Prosecutor, where he handled the county’s traffic cases and mental health commitment cases. Matthew then joined GLP in June 2022, and is excited to have the opportunity to join the legal community and help the people in the region he is so proud to call home.
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University, J.D., 2020
- Member, Arizona State University Indian Legal Program
- Member, Native American Law Students Association
- Student Mentor, Incoming Indian Legal Program
- Eastern Washington University, B.A., Political Science; Pre-Law, cum laude, 2016
- Washington State Bar, 2020
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2020 - Present