Senior Associate Attorney
2601 4th Ave., Floor 6
Seattle, WA 98121
Melissa Westberg is a Senior Associate Attorney in GLP Attorneys’ Seattle office.
Melissa is a Seattle-area native and has been dedicated to representing injured Plaintiffs since 2006. She graduated with honors from Syracuse University in 2006, having double-majored in Economics and Political Science, minored in Philosophy, and earning Distinction in Economics for original research. She was a four-year scholarship athlete and school record holder on Syracuse’s NCAA Division I swim team.
Upon graduating in 2006, Melissa returned to Seattle and started working for GLP Attorneys as a Legal Assistant, but quickly moved up the ranks as Paralegal and Legal Intern. Melissa earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Washington School of Law in 2011, where she was a member of Washington State Association for Justice’s (WSAJ) law school chapter. In 2011, she was a recipient of one of few Women of WSAJ Bar Prep scholarships. In 2020, Melissa was selected as one of the Top 40 Under 40 plaintiffs lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers. She has been awarded the Rising Star Super Lawyers Award in 2021, which is awarded to the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Melissa is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Melissa dedicates her practice to motor vehicle and motorcycle collision claims, maritime accidents, dog bites, and construction injury cases.
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2021
- The National Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Syracuse University, B.A., Economics; Political Science, cum laude, 2006
- Washington State Bar, 2011
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2013 – Present
- South King County Roundtable Section, Co-Chair, 2016 - 2017
Melissa loves corgis, roller skating on Alki’s boardwalk, and winning costume contests at every opportunity.