Sara Maleki has worked for GLP Attorneys since 2014 and is a Shareholder in the firm’s Spokane and Tri-Cities offices.
Sara has successfully served the needs of personal injury clients in a variety of cases, including nursing home neglect, wrongful death, motor vehicle collision, premises liability, and products liability. She has been awarded the Rising Star Super Lawyers Award in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and 2021. In 2022, she was awarded the Super Lawyer award, which is awarded only to the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state. Sara has also been selected by Spokane Coeur d’Alene Magazine as a Top Lawyer in Spokane every year from 2016 to present.
In addition to serving clients across the Pacific Northwest, Sara leads our Legal Internship Program for our Eastern Washington region. Our Legal Internship Program exists to providing meaningful work experiences for students in law school who are interested in careers in the personal injury field. Each year, GLP Attorneys is proud to employ as many as ten legal interns across the state.
Sara is the WSAJ Diversity Committee Co-Chair and as well as the Co-Chair for the GLP Diversity Committee. She is an active member of the American Association for Justice. She also serves as Vice President on the Spokane Symphony Board of Trustees, where she co-chairs their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee. Sara is devoted to caring for the diverse needs of her clients and values the uniqueness of each person. She honors diversity in all she does and prioritizes cultural principles stemming from around the world and locally, especially within the LGBTQ+ community and for all diverse people.
In addition, Sara has been the Associate Director for Satori Camp more than 20 years. Satori is a summer camp for gifted teenagers in Cheney, WA. With Satori, Sara spends her time administrating the summer camp but is also able to be a mentor to junior high and high school students. It is her favorite week of the year, tied closely with celebrating the December holidays.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers, 2022
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers, 2017 – 2021
- Recognized as a Top Lawyer by Spokane Coeur d'Alene Living, 2016 – Present
- Avvo 10.0 Rating
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Recognized by TopVerdict.com for obtaining one of the Top 100 Personal Injury Settlements in the United States (Galstad v. Kiewit/General/Manson), 2021
- Recipient, Avvo Client’s Choice Award, 2014; 2019
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Eastern Washington University, B.A., Business Management Information Systems; Emphasis in Vocal Performance, 2002
- Spokane Falls Community College, A.A, General Studies, 2000
- Washington State Bar, 2010
- Idaho State Bar, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2015
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Idaho, 2015
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member, 2010 – Present
- Eagle Member, 2014 – Present
- Diversity Committee, Co-Chair, 2021 – 2022
- LGBTQ Section Executive Committee, Member, 2017
- Spokane Symphony Chorale, Member, 2016 – Present
- Benton/Franklin County Bar Association, Member, 2016 – Present
- Spokane County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Gonzaga Law School, 1L Mentor, 2011 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association – Animal Law Section Executive Committee, Member, 2010 – 2022
- GLP Attorneys – Diversity Committee, Co-Chair, Current
- Spokane County Bar Association – Diversity Section, 2006 – Present
- Satori Camp, Associate Director, 1998 – Present
- Spokane Symphony Board of Trustees, Vice President, 2020 - Present
- “Doggone It, I Want to Be an Animal Lawyer! Now What?”, NW Lawyer’s Magazine, June 2015
- Presenter, "Negotiating Claims with Insurance Companies", NBI Seminars, Spokane, 2017
- Presenter, “Full Recovery: PI Case Inception”, GLP Attorneys CE Seminar, Tri-Cities, 2017
- Speaker, "An International Perspective, Idaho Animal Law Legislative Update", 3rd Annual Animal Law Summit, 2017
- Presenter, “Medical Liens”, GLP Attorneys CE Seminar Series, Spokane, 2016
- Presenter, “Non-Resident Motorist Act: Service by Secretary of State”, GLP Educational Series for Attorneys, 2016
- Presenter, “Medical Liens”, GLP Attorneys Seminar Series, 2015
- Presenter, “3rd Party and L&I”, GLP Attorneys Seminar Series, 2014
- Presenter, “What is Payment in Full and How Do You Get It?”, GLP Attorneys Seminar Series, 2014
- Presenter, “Full Treatment, Full Payment, Full Recovery”, GLP Attorneys Seminar Series, 2014
- Presenter, "District Court vs. MAR", Washington State Association for Justice - Spokane Roundtable, Spokane, 2016
- Presenter, "Medicine in the Mist", Washington State Association for Justice CLE, Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, 2014
In her free time, Sara enjoys traveling with her husband, singing in the Spokane Symphony Chorale, cooking and eating vegan food, playing piano, volleyball, reading, and spending time with her rescued pets: a parrot named Leilani, two cats named Maui and Moana, and a goldfish named Barbara.
Sara is fluent in Farsi and conversational in Spanish.