Scott Shawver is a Partner at GLP Attorneys based out of the firm’s Seattle office.
Scott’s deep experience in the legal field started long before he joined the firm as a personal injury attorney in 2012. He spent many years as a criminal lawyer, where he gained a great deal of trial experience and a detailed knowledge of courtroom strategy, and as an attorney at a national insurance defense firm, where he handled cases involving automobile accidents, product liability defects, premises liability claims, defamation claims, and commercial litigation. In all, Scott has tried over one hundred cases throughout his career – a level of courtroom experience rare among even the most seasoned attorneys. It is this experience of serving clients from so many different perspectives that makes Scott such an effective advocate for the wrongfully injured.
Scott has been recognized as a Top Attorney by Avvo and as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers – an honor awarded only to the top 2.5% of attorneys in the state. He is also an active member of the Washington State Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice.
- University of Oregon, J.D., 1994
- Northwestern University, B.A, English, 1989
- Washington State Bar, 1994
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, 1995
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2020
- Washington Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Eagle Member, 2012 – Present
- Member, 2005 – Present
- “Moun Keodalah v. Allstate”, Washington State Association for Justice Trial News, November 2019
When he is not at work, Scott likes to play piano, enjoy the outdoors, and spend time with his family on Vashon Island.