On January 31, a hangar under construction at Boise International Airport in Idaho collapsed. This airport construction catastrophe killed three people and injured nine people on the job. The cause of the collapse of the hangar is unknown but is currently under investigation by the authorities.
Fire crews and emergency service teams were tirelessly working to rescue victims. One of the firemen on site described the construction accident as a “large-scale collapse.”
A few of the injured workers were on elevated platforms at the time of the airport accident and required extra rescue assistance. Now, five construction crew members who were injured on the job are in critical condition from the construction site accident.
GLP Attorneys sends our deepest condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in this workplace accident. We are thinking of the injury victims affected by the airport accident and wish them a speedy recovery from their workplace injuries.
A traumatic accident in your place of work can take a toll on your mental health and ability to feel safe in your work environment. GLP Attorneys’ work injury attorneys are here to help ensure that you receive maximum compensation from your injury claim case as you recover.
Injured on Construction Site, Now What?
There are a few steps you can take to facilitate your physical and financial recovery after a construction site workplace injury.
- Seek medical treatment
- The most important priority after a workplace injury is to seek immediate medical attention.
- Know your rights
- All workers in construction have a right to work in a safe environment. You should connect with a law firm to see what worker compensation claims you can file.
- Open up a Department of Labour & Industries claim
- In Washington State, you must report any workplace injuries within eight hours. We recommend speaking to a workplace injury attorney before you are interviewed by your workplace. This claim can allow you to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
- Open up a third-party claim
- You may be entitled to extra compensation for a workplace injury. It is recommended to file a third-party claim to ensure that you are fairly compensated for damages.
If you have suffered an injury at work, you should seek a workplace injury lawyer to assist your case. You may be able to make a viable claim against the party at fault and receive compensation for lost wages and medical bills.
At GLP Attorneys, we are here to help you navigate worker compensation laws. We proudly support a diverse range of clients as they recover from workplace injuries in the United States. Our firm has attorneys licensed in many states and serves Idaho alongside the whole of the Pacific Northwest.
GLP Attorneys Support Construction Worker Safety:
The employer is responsible for keeping you safe on the construction site. If you are working on a construction site and the fault of the accident can be attributed to the general contractor of that site, you may have a claim against that general contractor.
If you have been injured on a construction site, you can contact a workplace injury attorney for a free consultation about your accident. Our attorneys can help answer your questions and determine if you need to hire an attorney to help you navigate your workplace personal injury claim.
You can give us a call at 800-273-5005 or email our attorneys at email@example.com to schedule your free consultation with an experienced construction injury lawyer today.