Learning & Development
Creating An Environment for Success
At GLP Attorneys, we are fully invested in the personal and professional growth of our employees. We believe in creating an environment where every employee is fully supported in their professional development from their very first day at the firm. A formalized and structured learning and development program is important in providing professionals with the ability to serve our clients with excellence, and to grow their careers in a meaningful way.
Our learning and development programs are designed for the success of the individual and the firm. Our guiding Core Values and principles to which we hold ourselves accountable are Commitment, Creativity, Compassion, and Collaboration. We require unwavering Compassion for the clients we serve, Commitment to our communities, Collaboration across the firm, and Creativity in our legal approach to achieve the best outcomes for our injured client. Embracing and emulating these core values creates a strong and passionate culture across every GLP Attorneys office in Washington.
We believe in fostering a culture of learning and professional growth. The firm has a formalized Learning & Development Committee appointed to act on behalf of the Shareholders with matters related to professional and personal growth for all employees and Shareholders, including leadership, compliance, and legal-specific education.
Some of our Learning & Development programs and tools include:
- A robust onboarding program for our new team members that extends beyond just Day 1
- Trained and dedicated Mentors for all employees
- Ongoing internal training programs and series for all professionals
- Learning programs to suit all employees from one-on-one training to written and recorded resources
- A best-in-class Legal Internship program and experience
- Firm supported external CLE programs for our legal professionals
- Access to resources and events hosted by WSAJ and AAJ
- Clear and consistent performance competency tools and programs for all employees
GLP University (GLPU)
GLPU is a comprehensive training program available to all professionals at the firm. GLPU offers a variety of presentations annually that provide our attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and business professional staff with information about firm culture, processes, best practices, tools, and resources. Presentation topics include, among others:
- Firm Overview, Structure, Vision, and Strategy
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- New Personal Injury Client Intake: What You Need to Know
- Demand Writing
- Business Communications
- Case Management Best Practices
- Technology Resources Available to Make Your Life Easier
To learn more about our Learning & Development program, contact Attorney & Learning and Development Director, Kaitlin Roach, at email@example.com.