Boating season is well underway in Washington State, and Memorial Day weekend marks the official start to summer. Boating safety tips are simple and few, but worth repeating:
- Don’t drink and operate a boat. You have a duty as a boat operator to keep everyone safe. Don’t blow it.
- Make sure you have enough life vests on board for EVERY passenger, including infant life vests, and have everyone wear them and know where to find them and how to wear them.
- Brief all passengers on boating basics and general safety.
- With lakes and waterways busy this weekend, keep an eye out for other boats, using extra caution after dusk by using boat lights and keeping speeds low.
- Know your surroundings and use common sense to keep everyone safe.
If you need a refresher on boating regulations in Washington, here is a great resource:
GLP Attorneys wishes everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!