Scott F. Lundberg
Scott F. Lundberg is a Shareholder at GLP Attorneys who primarily works out of the firm’s Seattle office, but frequently travels throughout Washington State to assist the firm’s other eight offices.
Scott is a Washington native, and earned his undergraduate degree in business from the University of Washington in 1983, and his law degree from Seattle University Law School in 1986. Immediately thereafter, Scott and his classmate Brian J. Peschel, founded Lundberg & Peschel, a personal injury law firm based in the Pioneer Square neighborhood in Seattle. They grew their practice and built a reputation for hard work, commitment, compassion, creativity and collaboration.
The original firm that Scott and Brian started 35 years ago has grown to become GLP Attorneys, Washington’s largest personal injury law firm, with 30 attorneys in offices in Seattle, Tacoma, Burlington, Spokane, Port Orchard, Vancouver, Wenatchee, Bellingham and the Tri-Cities. The firm’s 35 years of experience is solely devoted to handling plaintiff’s personal injury matters, including automobile collisions, product liability claims, premise liability actions, construction accidents, wrongful death, nursing home abuse/neglect cases, maritime injury and aviation accidents.
Since 1994, Scott has been periodically appointed as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Washington, representing Labor & Industries and workers who have been injured by the fault of entities other than their employer. He has also served as a primary tutor in the State of Washington’s Admission to Practice Rule Law Clerk Program successfully tutoring, mentoring, teaching and coaching law clerk Heather Webb (now a shareholder at GLP Attorneys) on all relevant subjects of law required for admission into Washington’s bar.
Honors include a confidential AV-Preeminent rating (1999 to present), by members of the Bar and Judiciary through the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory Association, for his legal ability and adherence to professional standards of ethics. Scott is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an organization that recognizes attorneys who have successfully resolved claims of their clients for one million dollars or more. Scott has been honored by Washington Law & Politics as a Washington “Super Lawyer” for 2007, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023. In 2010 he was also named by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine as a Top Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Lawyer. Listen to a podcast interview Scott conducted in December 2020 with KUOW Seattle’s Transom Traveling Workshop where he discusses his battle against cancer while training and competing in an Ironman marathon.
- Repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers, 2007; 2015 – 2023
- Highest rating by Avvo.com - 10.0
- Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law, American Lawyer Media; Martindale-Hubbell, 2013
- AV-Preeminent Lawyer Rating, 1999 – Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2001 – Present
- Top Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Lawyer, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, 2010
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, J.D., 1986
- University of Washington, B.A., Business Administration; Emphasis in Finance & Marketing, 1983
- Washington State Bar, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, 2013
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, 2008 – Present
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, 2002 – Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2001 – Present
- American Association for Justice, 1987 – Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 1987-Present
- Author, “The Survivors' Club: Finding strength and community through cancer”, Washington Athletic Club (WAC) Magazine, October 2014, p. 22-24
- Co- Author, “Finding seven-figure coverage in the ‘no-coverage’ case”, Washington State Association for Justice Trial News, February 2014
- Co-Author, “Age Doesn't Matter: The Vulnerable Adult Statute in Practice”, Washington State Association for Justice Trial News, February 2011
Scott is an avid marathoner and has completed marathons in Oregon, California, Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Arizona, British Columbia and Quebec. Since recovering from Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Scott has also become an endurance athlete, competing in and completing over a dozen half Ironmans (70.3 miles) and five full Inronmans (140.6 miles). His current passion is cycling, having participated in and completed one of the world’s highest and toughest seven-day climbing cycling events: Haute Route Dolomites (2017), Haute Route Pyrennes (2018) and Haute Route Alpes (2019).
To learn more about Scott, check out his 2020 interview for the KUOW podcast “Seattle’s Transom Traveling Workshop”, where he discusses his battle against cancer while training and competing in an Ironman marathon.