Shaun O. Callahan
Shaun O. Callahan is a Partner based out of GLP Attorneys’ Vancouver office.
Shaun Callahan is an experienced personal injury attorney who has been representing the wrongfully injured for nearly a decade. He primarily focuses his legal practice on representing clients injured as a result of automobile accidents, dog bites, or negligence by property owners.
Shaun decided to become a personal injury attorney after his grandparents were seriously injured in a car accident when he was in his late teens. After witnessing first-hand how their injuries, hospital stays, insurance issues, and medical bills changed their lives forever, Shaun chose to dedicate his career to helping people in similar situations navigate the myriad challenges that can arise as they work toward recovery. The combination of his deeply rooted commitment to helping the wrongfully injured, his genuine compassion for his clients, and his determination to stand up for them against powerful insurance companies that seek to diminish the compensation they deserve is what makes Shaun such an exemplary attorney and effective advocate in the fight for justice.
In addition to serving clients across the Pacific Northwest, Shaun leads GLP Attorneys’ Legal Internship Program for the firm’s South Sound region. This program exists to provide meaningful work experiences for students in law school who are interested in careers in the personal injury field. Each year, GLP Attorneys is proud to employee up to 10 legal interns across Washington state.
Shaun is a proud “double Dawg”, having earned his Juris Doctorate in 2014 from the University of Washington School of Law after receiving his bachelor’s degree in political science from UW in 2011. While in law school, Shaun won the school-wide negotiation competition and worked as an intern for Intellectual Ventures and Avalara, Inc. After law school, he worked as an associate attorney at the Johanson Law Group in Edmonds before joining GLP Attorneys in 2016.
Shaun has been an Eagle Member of the Washington State Association for Justice since 2015. He was also recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Super Lawyers in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 — an honor awarded to only the top 2.5% of attorneys in Washington state.
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Washington, B.A., Political Science, 2011
- Washington State Bar, 2014
- Oregon State Bar, 2021
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2015 – Present
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, 2021 – Present
- Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2021 – Present
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, 2014 – Present
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association, 2021 – Present
- Guest lecturer at Union High School in Vancouver, Washington, presenting on the topics of the First Amendment in schools and practical advice for picking insurance.
- Pro bono volunteer, Clark County Bar Association Free Legal Clinic, 2019 – 2020
- Speaker, “Charting and Documentation in a Personal Injury Case”, WSCA CONFAB, October 2022
- Speaker, “Getting Paid When the Case Doesn’t Settle”, GLP Attorneys Healthcare Provider Seminar, October 2022
- Speaker, “Avoiding the Pitfalls of Litigation”, GLP Attorneys Healthcare Provider Seminar, August 2022
- Speaker, “Charting and Documentation in a Personal Injury Case”, GLP Attorneys Healthcare Provider Seminar, May 2022
- Shaun also does annual lectures at Union High School on the topics of the First Amendment in schools and on practical advice for picking insurance.
Shaun is one of the co-founders of the Husky Traders, a UW Finance Association that remains the premier finance club at the University of Washington. When he’s not working, Shaun loves playing sports, traveling, and meeting new people. Other than that, Shaun can also often be found being forcibly marched on a grueling hike by his loving wife.