Senior Associate Attorney
Betsylew Miale-Gix is a Senior Associate Attorney in GLP Attorneys’ Seattle and Marysville offices.
Betsylew has devoted her career solely to representing persons significantly injured by the wrongful acts of others since 1996.
She serves clients who need a top-flight, compassionate, knowledgeable and successful lawyer to fight for them when they have been hurt by the negligence of a person or company in a car collision, premises liability, bicycle, pedestrian or other injury claim.
Prior to 1996, Betsylew had diverse practice experiences including representing individual defendants in civil cases, handling domestic relations matters, and general plaintiff litigation. This experience gave her invaluable insights into case strategy.
With a deep commitment to community education, Betsylew has authored numerous articles and spoken on issues of law and practice at many seminars. She is an officer of the Washington State Association for Justice and two non-profit groups. In addition, Betsylew supports justice and equality for all as well as having a deep concern for the environment. She is an active member of QLaw, the American Association for Justice, the Washington State Association for Justice, and supports the Mono Lake Committee, Conservation Northwest, KEXP and KUOW.
One of Betsylew’s wider-ranging accomplishments was making new law extending UIM/UM coverage to include Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a physical injury in the matter of Trinh v. Allstate.
- Repeatedly recognized as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff attorney by The National Trial Lawyers
- Repeatedly recognized as an America's Most Honored Lawyers honoree by The American Registry
- Highest Rating by Avvo.com - 10.0, 2010 - present
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2006 - present
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1984
- University of California Los Angeles, B.A., History; B.A., Political Science, 1981
- Freshman Honor Sorority
- National Political Science Honor
- College of Letters and Sciences Honors
- Washington State Bar, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2000
- Board Member or Officer, Washington State Association for Justice, 2009 - present
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, QLAW, an association of LGBTQIA+ legal professionals and allies
- Member, Washington Women Lawyers
- Served as arbitrator in multiple Superior Court Civil Arbitration Hearings in King and Snohomish Counties
- TRINH v. ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY 109 Wash. App. 927,37 P.3d 1259 (2002). Case made new law extending coverage for PTSD within the definition of "bodily injury" under automobile UIM policies.
Betsylew is a renowned competitive boomerang athlete. She is a leader with the United States Boomerang Association having served as an Officer or Member of the Board of Directors since 1990. She is currently a competitive thrower and the only female member on 12 USA World Team Cup teams. She is also a five-time Women’s World Champion. Most recently she represented Team USA at the August 2022 World Championship in Bordeaux France.