John D. Webber
John D. Webber is the Managing Shareholder of GLP Attorneys and works in the Seattle office.
John D. Webber is the Managing Shareholder for GLP Attorneys based in the firm’s Seattle office. John began his practice of personal injury law in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1995. In 2000, he moved to Seattle, and joined the personal injury attorney Seattle team at GLP Attorneys. John is an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), and has served the organization in various leadership roles. He currently holds the role of Vice President Legislative Affairs as a member of the 2023-2024 Board of Governors. John has also served as the 2022- 2023 Second Vice President Legislative Affairs and Member of the Board of Governors, 2020-2022 Vice President Public Affairs, 2019-2020 Board of Governors At-Large member, and as the 2018 Co-Chair for the WSAJ Annual Convention. He earned the honor of being named a 2015-2022 Super Lawyer, and a 2007-2008 Washington Rising Star. He has earned a 10.0 rating on Avvo.com. He is an active member of the American Association for Justice.
John focuses his law practice on significant personal injury cases from truck or car collisions, wrongful death, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, construction accidents, logging accidents, traumatic brain injuries and premise liability cases. John is a frequent speaker to the healthcare community in Western Washington regarding personal injury law in Washington State. He leads GLP Attorneys Diversity Committee, and chairs the firm’s Human Resources/Operations Committee, Finance Committee, and Marketing and Business Development Committees.
John’s passion lies in helping others overcome hardships and his service is devoted to improving access to justice and the protection of the laws for our diverse communities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers, 2015 – 2022
- Highest rating by Avvo.com - 10.0
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013; 2022
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Law & Politics, 2007 – 2008
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, 1990
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of New Mexico, B.A., Political Science, with distinction, 1992
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business Executive Education; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certificate, 2022
- Washington State Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2000
- New Mexico State Bar, 1995 (currently inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 1995
- American Association for Justice, 2017 – Present
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association, 2017 – Present
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Eagle Member, 2006 – Present
- 2nd Vice President Legislative Affairs and Member of the Board of Governors – 2023
- Vice President of Public Affairs, 2020 - 2022
- Board of Governors At-Large, Member, 2019 – 2020
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 2000 – 2006
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 - Civil Plaintiff
- WSAJ 2023 2nd Vice President Legislative Affairs and Member of the Board of Governors
- "Why Medical Liens Are an Important Tool for Your Clinic's Personal Injury Practice", Plexus (Washington State Chiropractic Association publication), February/March 2023
- “Working for the Common Good”, Plexus (Washington State Chiropractic Association publication), October/November 2013
- “Balancing Your Practice: Personal Injury Patients & Getting Paid in Full”, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, 2012